Sunday, September 21, 2008

Third world country...


I was in a small town this weekend on the Iowa border speaking. The name of the town is Warsaw. The picture below are pics in Warsaw right beside the Mississippi River. It was a fun morning.

On another note, I was certainly an eye opener. I thought I lived in a small town (Carlinville, IL). There is one thing that traveling does for someone, it opens your eyes to what it is like in so many different regions.

I was twittering (an online microblog) and wrote that I was leaving Warsaw, then added I think it is a third world country. Now, we all know that is neither true, nor do I want people to think I didn't like the town. It's just different. Just like someone coming to Carlinville could feel the same. Believe me!! =0)

Right now I'm just thankful for the opportunity to meet new people all the time and speak into their lives. I hope I always speak the right things!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MAYBE NOT ALWAYS BUT MOST OF THE TIME....gotta keep ya humble.