Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Birthday wishes...


I write this blog today not to let everyone know it's my birthday, but to comment on what kind of day it has been.

Now, I'm not sure what everyone else likes to do on their birthday's, but I think personal birthday's should be personal holiday's. A day that you are not expected to do anything!! Let alone be in budget approval meetings or making other work arrangements from the office.

I certainly would have enjoyed being on the golf course thinking about absolutely nothing instead. Then to top it off, a quiet night at home with the family. Does someone have some cheese to go along with my "whine"?

It wasn't all bad. I had a student from my last youth ministry send me a text saying, "don't look at today as another year closer to death, but as another year wiser and more experienced in the field of life...". Too funny!! He said it wasn't even out of a Hallmark card either.

Anyway, all in all a good day. I'm still as feisty as ever...I think? They say the mind is the first thing to go. =0)

2 comments:

One Lucky Woman said...

Happy Birthday.... sorry I'm a day late! but I hope you and your family had fun =) We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you bro.