Monday, September 15, 2008

Chicago Cubs!!!!!!!!!


I just have to take a moment today and give tons of praise and credit to Carlos Zambrano of the Chicago Cubs! To be able to pitch a no-hitter in today's field of players is remarkable; let alone knowing it's the hottest team in the National League since the All-Star break.

I have been a Cubs fan since I was 6 years old! Although our ability to follow our favorite teams has changed, my loyalty has not! I can remember running home from school every spring and fall just to try and catch the end of the their games on WGN. It was one of the few channels you could get without cable! Of course, this was before night baseball at Wrigley!

Now, times sure have changed!! I follow the Cubbies on my iphone for pretty much every game they play. I can see the game pitch for pitch in the palm of my hand. Here I was driving from a Northern Region Banquet to another night in a hotel, watching my favorite team play a great game of baseball! So, although times change, I'll be a Cubbies fan til the end.

Isn't a hundred years long enough!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Cubbies..........I also wanted to leave post about camp:
Camp......aaaahhhhh. There is a soothing joy found in that word. I can't wait for camp. I think some new activities at camp would be cool. Like: bungee jumping, or base diving, or parachuting, OR Whirly Ball, can we get a Whirly ball place there at camp? Now that would be sweet. Also there needs to be a bigger prize for the winners than a pool party and cold pizza, I don't know what that would be....but that in itself is getting redundant and old. Back in the old days the winners got the pool party and the losers had to take the walk of shame around the lake and pick up trash and then they went to bed early. I mean, when you lose now you still get to hang out with your friends so it's no big whoop.

Anonymous said...

Dude you need to add the "Following" application so I can add you and then be alerted every-time you post something new.