Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I can't believe...


I can't believe what some people are made to live through. I had a friend of mine send some pictures of the damage done by Hurricane Ike. Absolutely unbelievable!

As you can see in the pictures (click on picture to see full size), areas were demolished. I try to imagine how I would respond to the tragedy and loss that these people have endured, but seem to come up empty. I don't think I could ever truly understand without experiencing it myself.

I can say this, we need to pray that this situation can give each of us the opportunity to help. To try and make a difference in these families lives. To look beyond ourselves so they can see God's love for them through us. Remember to keep these families in prayer. The storm has passed, but for some, it's just the beginning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's true.