Thursday, October 30, 2008

Looking to the future...


I've been in Minneapolis, MN attending board meetings today. It will continue through tomorrow as we begin to evaluate the past and current circumstances and then dream for the future of the university. It's been an eye opening experience that forces one to reflect on their own life and experiences.

One of these reflections has been asking myself the question, "am I doing what God has created me to do during this time frame of my life". I believe I can say yes to that more today than I could a year ago. I have been evaluating the lack of relationships among Illinois youth pastors. It's not that they don't want relationships, it's just that it hasn't been facilitated strong enough. I dream for the day when ALL church leaders come together regardless of creed. A time when those without a relationship with their Creator are the absolute priority. A time when fraternity and relationship are not buzz words, but a desire we pursue. A day when leaving someone behind is NOT an option.

Like I said, I'm looking to the future...

No comments: