Saturday, October 4, 2008

No kidding...


People have often teased me saying that it can't be that bad living in C'ville. Well, I will say that is not that bad. However, I have had a couple quite funny situations that have made me take a minute to reflect, then roll on the ground laughing. One in particular would have been early this last summer. I was pumping gas in my car and just watching traffic (What little there is in C'ville). A very small truck drives by (like one of those old very small Nissan's) and I did a double take. There was a boat in bed of the truck that was just as long as the truck itself. No kidding...it was strapped down and leaning on the cab of the truck. So, it almost stood straight up in the air. Too funny!!

Recently, I have had the opportunity to meet one of my neighbors. His name was John, but no one would ever know that. Everyone who knows him calls him "Jelly". So, my neighbor is Jelly! Maybe I'll meet Peanut Butter soon...=0). Just when you think it can not get better than this, Debbe (my wife) and I are at the local Shell station pumping gas. And THIS sign was being displayed. So, with out taking a shot at yet another small town anomily, Happy Anniversary Porky and Suz (not that you'll read this).

No comments: