Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Self-Worth...


It's been an amazing few days as God continues to challenge my thinking in so many areas. I can't imagine my life without the constant interruptions that He provides.

Today's thought is pretty simple. I was challenged with the idea of self-worth. Where does it come from and why? Do I have value because of what I accomplish? Some would say yes. However, is there something so much more that we are missing.

I know for myself, I often evaluate my day according to what tasks I have completed and how many of those items were checked off my list. I'm pretty sure that's not the place God wants me to find my value or self-worth. I guess it goes back to the beginning when God looked at Adam and said he was going to have to work for a living (paraphrased). I can't imagine what that moment must have been like.

Since then we have had such a skewed understanding of where our value comes from. The reality is, there's neither enough that we can do, nor enough that we could have that would equal value. Truth is, our value comes just being ourselves, you know, the person God created you to be. God enjoys the simple interactions! He looks at us and would say we are all priceless!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

priceless.....good thoughts