Friday, December 12, 2008

On the Journey Together...


As I sit here typing, I find myself feeling extremely blessed. Although I realize I haven't written much in the last week besides tweets on twitter, I have not been lost to reflect and begin to count my many blessings that God has provided. Even though I could begin to give name to each of them, I have decided to give attention to a thought, rather than a specific blessing.

I've always considered life to be journey. In fact I look at my relationship with God much the same way. When I begin to look at my blessings in this context, I begin to realize just how rich a life that I have been granted. What has made my life rich has not been possessions. It's been the wide variety of people that God has given me favor to experience life with. It still amazes me how a song or a smell can bring back the most vivid of memories. The memories experienced but for a moment, however, will last in my mind and heart for a lifetime.

If you're reading this, it could be very possible that some of my memories include you. I want to take a moment to say thank you. Thank you for making my life rich! In the myriad of thoughts that quickly pass by, I don't want to forget what has made my life special. What has made my journey special is the people I've been able to share it with.

So, if you happen across this blog, take a moment to appreciate each of your blessings. I know that God's greatest blessing often come in the strangest of packages. Yet, I think that is what makes them so spectacular! Thank you Lord for my Journey and the many friends that I have shared it with!!!

It about being "on the journey together"!

No comments: