Monday, November 24, 2008

Too many leaves...


Wow, what a weekend. I never thought I would ever finish raking all our leaves in our backyard! I guess I should say blow with the leaf blower. After 13 hours and lots of sore muscles (what few I have), I have finally finished.

How many times do we begin a job not knowing how long it will take? It reminds me of how many of us as men are. What I mean is that we begin a job (home improvement most of the time) thinking it will take 3 days. Then, once we finally finish it, we realize that it took 3 weeks, 3 times the cost, and someone who knew what they were doing to finish it. Too funny! =0)

Sometimes I think I should do a better job counting the cost. I'm not trying to make this something spiritual, it just seems to me that I get myself stuck too often. Then I work like crazy to get it all done. Like this weekend, I thought I would be in the yard 5-6 hours and it turns out that I was out there two days straight. Of course, it would warm up the day after I finish. =0)

Anyway, I should have planned better. All I can say is that there were too many leaves...

1 comment:

Matt Brown said...

And leaves are crazy, cuz you rake them up one day and the tree drops a new load the next day! : )