Saturday, November 15, 2008

A favorite passtime...


I've had several people often ask why I would choose to hunt. Then it occurs to me that I think the majority of people haven't truly spent a lot of time in the outdoors. It really makes me feel blessed to come from the family that I have. We didn't have much, but deer hunting was an annual event. I've decided to try and let people in a little. To see a small piece of my life. I basically have two hobbies (maybe three - love riding the motorcycle). They are golf and hunting. Deer hunting to be more specific. Obviously, both having to do with the outdoors. There's just something about being in God's creation and experiencing it all first hand. I've had deer so close I could touch them with my finger. Anyway, I love to watch just how beautiful it really is. To watch nature in it's purest form. It makes me wonder how people could possibly think there is not a God. Well, I've shot one this year already and hopefully this afternoon will bring number two! A nice 10 point buck would be great. Regardless, I'll have fun watching the smaller deer pass by.

Truly, it's a favorite passtime...

No comments: