Monday, November 10, 2008

Signs...


I have to admit, I've really become more aware of my surroundings since I have began to travel so much. It seems that regardless where my travels take me, everyone has something to say. At least they think they do.

Most of the time, their messages are on display through the use of signs. For some odd reason, today it just kind of popped out at me. It's like we live an ongoing advertisement. Really, an advertisement for whatever a given person is selling.

Each person has their own unique way to communicate their messages. For example, I have heard sermon after sermon talking about the signs of our time. You know the ones, get right now or burn in hell. I have also read tons of ridiculous church signs too. Some funny, however, most judgmental in some sort of way. None can compare to today! I was driving by a Catholic Church and the building next to it had a hilarious sign. It said, "Virgin Chiropractic". Oh my, it made me laugh pretty hard. I'm not sure that the church and the chiropractic office are connected in any way, but the sign was worth the laugh.

I've said all this to throw the question out, what are we selling? At the least, what are we advertising? Is it self seeking? Does it communicate love, acceptance, forgiveness, etc... Hmm, I don't know that I measure up. All I can say is that I want to do my best to communicate what is pure and right. When people look at me, they see someone advertising a better way of life. A life that is more incredible because of Who created it, not because of what I can get from it.

Anyway, a few thoughts from my day. It has at least caused me to pause and wonder what I have been communicating.

Signs!?!...

No comments: