Friday, November 14, 2008

Rainy days...


It's been a couple days since I have sat down to blog. I've had the opportunity to travel and speak at a youth ministry as well as meet with some college pastors from across the state of IL. It's been well worth the effort!

Today, it's just a rainy day. I had a hard time getting up and an even harder time going to work. I sit in my office thinking about all that needs to be done, yet not wanting to do any of it. I hope I'm not getting into a rut.

I find myself thinking about choices today. I have said over and over that regardless of our feelings, making a wrong decision never becomes right. I've always said it in the form of a question, "when does the wrong decision become right?". As I examine my own statement, I have begun thinking of the opposite implication. When does the right decision become wrong? Of course, I realize the answer is never. However, I also know I struggle with it sometimes. Sometimes I want to respond in a way that feels justified and not necessarily right. I've shared all that to say I hope I always respond to situations and people in a way that brings honor to God.

Just some reflections on a rainy day...

No comments: