Friday, March 6, 2009

Transition...


Transition...blessing or curse?

As I look ahead to the next several months, transition is about all I see. I had a wonderful conversation with a close friend last night and then spent several hours meditating on the idea of change. Good...Bad??? I came to this conclusion. If we want the things we build to last, we have to build them to change. Change should be a core value in all we do. I think we too often think the things we build should last longer than they do.

So, with all that in mind. I want to begin this new season with this in mind. Change is critical to mission, value, image, and faith. It should be built into the DNA of who we are and what we become. I know that there will be sacrifices along the way, but I think the difficulty experienced and the time spent will reap huge dividends!

Lastly, my mediation reminded me of one of my own core values. The reality that everyone matters and God has called me to leave His imprint on this world. I pray it's significant!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You and your family sure left a deep impression upon my world.