Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Early Morning Irritations...


Maybe I should start today’s blog with a little background. Last evening I went to our local dry cleaners to drop off some clothes, only to find that they had closed an hour early. Or so I thought! I then went back this morning (because in small towns there is only ONE dry cleaner!) to find that they were still not opened. There was a crew of men inside working, so I inquired what was going on. Well, the owner was standing there talking to the workers. When I asked about dropping off my clothes, he simply responded “we’re closed til Monday”. Today is Tuesday!! So I had mentioned that maybe a sign would help communicate that. Never the less, he wasn’t amused. He had this deer in the headlights look like he never would have thought of that. Anyway, now I can laugh, but I have to admit I wasn’t the happiest guy on the planet at that point. I have always heard of joy suckers, today I met one. I say that with a smile on my face. My irritation has truly turned to laughter. The idiosyncrasies of small towns!! Maybe, just maybe, next time there will be a sign. =0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an Irritation.