Monday, February 9, 2009

What did he say?


I've been attending a conference that is designed to better prepare myself and other district youth directors for the job that we do. Now, I'm sure everyone has experienced what I am getting ready to mention. We have sat and listened to some communicate home runs, while others not so much. I've been here 8 days so far and I definitely know this to be true. =0)

So, what does this mean? It causes me to evaluate myself and my communication skills. Just like many of my readers, my success is directly connected to my ability to communicate clearly. The ability to help someone take a journey and see the benefits of adapting change to their lives. So, what's the key? Rather than rob someone's theory, I'll point everyone in the right direction. I have read Andy Stanley's book, "Communication for a Change" three times. It certainly has made a monster difference in me.

I'll end by saying this, if you are going to take to time to get up in front of people to speak, then have something to say!! We need to be determined to never be satisfied and develop the tenacity it requires to be the best!

No comments: